November 3, 2009
Check out these useful tips and tricks used by celebrity stylists to keep their clients red carpet ready.
1. Hair stylist David Babaii notes the importance of carefully cleansing and rinsing your hair to create shine. "The key to a sleek, shiny finish is a thorough cleansing, " says David, "Take the time to rinse well- leftover oils, dirt and products make hair look dull and lifeless. A clean canvas ensures a great style."
2. To fix flyaways, "spritz holding spray onto a natural bristle eyebrow brush. Use it to lock unruly hairs into place around your part, hairline, and above the ears." -hairstylist Mark Townsend.
3. In order to maintain healthy, shiny hair you need to be sure to not fry your locks by overdrying them with high temperature heating appliances. "For a damage-free blowout, set your blowdryer to medium heat. Newer dryers can go up to 3,000 watts. That much heat could cause breakage"- hairstylist Oribe
4. A tip for maintaining damage free hair strands is to "leave conditioner in the fridge to keep it cool. This way, it will instantly seal the cuticles because it's already at a low temperature."- hairstylist Tippi Shorter
5. Brittle hair needs to be well moisturized. David Babaii recommends, "To moisturize dry hair, apply organic almond butter to the parched areas. Let the butter soak in for 30 minutes, then shampoo and rinse well."
Categories: hair care